Monday, March 23, 2009

Beanbags!!!

Michelle and I decided to make beanbags after reading her cousin-in-law's blog post about making her own. (Thanks for the idea and the link to the pattern, Erin.) We enlarged the pattern by about 30%, which more than doubles the volume.
We went to a fabric store and rummaged around the discount rack for some time before settling on our fabrics. We were doing our own fabrics, but decided to tie them together by sharing one fabric and both using a paisley pattern. We looked around online for some cheap foam to fill them with, but Michelle ended up finding cheap scrap cushion material at another local fabric store, that we cut/ripped up into suitably sized pieces.

Michelle's is the one on the left and mine is the one on the right.

4 comments:

Jessica Leigh said...

Haha . . . love it! I love how innovative you two are :) Although, I find it interesting that the one that looks pink-toned is yours and the green is Michelle's (well, green and Michelle doesn't surprise me).

I am so excited for next week! Love you both!

Matt said...

I think it's just the orange pattern that makes it look pink. It doesn't look pink in the full-size picture.

S Lindsay said...

These are really cool! I've been thinking about doing some for the kids someday--do you have a link to the pattern you used?

Erin Gong said...

Yours look spectacular! I love the fabrics. I don't have much of an eye for that, so I just went with solids, but I really like how yours turned out. The hardest part I thought was the foam. Glad you found a deal.

I also enlarged the pattern some, but didn't figure how much that would double the volume (English major, remember).

I think the chairs are most comfortable when you put 2 together, one to sit on and the other to lay your feet across. My new favorite way to watch movies!