Michelle ran an amazing race today. She ran in the mile and finished first with a time of 4:40.08--eleven-ish seconds faster than her previous best in the mile. It converts roughly to a 4:19.25 on a 1500m, which would be a PR in the 1500 by . The automatic qualifying time for nationals is a4:40.00, so she just barely missed being guaranteed a spot, but it looks like she'll be about 15th in the country so she's pretty sure to qualify.
I didn't get any pictures, and I really wish I had a movie of her pulling ahead in the last lap. She just poured it on for the last ~200 meters and finished 6.5 seconds ahead of second place.
You can read the news release here.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WWWWWAAAAYYYY to go Michelle! We are so proud of you. I hope I can find a link to the race somewhere soon. You never cease to amaze me. I love you.
Bryan
Post a Comment